
So Nate's playing basketball so I thought I'd do a little light reading. I've been meaning to learn more about the conflict in Darfur so to Wikipedia I went. I wasn't prepared. I cried and cried and I'm actually still sobbing. How can I buy Christmas presents for my spoiled boys when there are children too hungry and thirsty to play. How can we be so selfishly concerned about the dow jones when there are mothers who just want a safe place to lay their children. I don't understand the injustice of this world. I wish Nate would come home and hug me and tell me why. How can people born beautiful become barbaric. Why don't we try harder to stop them. How can I become conscious of the revulsions of this world and try to help without going into a deep depression. I also made the mistake of searching Darfur in google images. Big mistake. Lots more tears.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
very very sad
Posted by The Larsons at 10:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I had one of those similar moments the other day when I cam across photos in the news of just that: starving children. It makes me just sick to my stomach with sadness and also guilt. I feel like I don't deserve all we have. I can't imagine watching your own child suffer with hunger and not be able to keep them safe. Uggghhhh. Anika is watching Elmo in her warm jammies right now in our safe, secure home and country. Why are we so lucky??? And blessed???
Post a Comment